If I haven’t captured your wedding day yet, I have to tell you something. I’m the photographer that you’ll find getting down with the beat. You’ll find me singing along to all of the top songs, camera in hand! It’s just going to happen, so you might as well accept that now. But I mean, you’re hiring a great DJ or live band, so can you really blame a girl? Before I ramble on about great music, let’s get onto the point of this post…
The music you choose for your wedding reception is super important! So, I’ll be sharing 15 songs you need on your wedding playlist! Most of these will be first dance songs, but they’re all fabulous and amazing! Don’t miss out!
These are absolutely in no ranking order, I’m just sharing my favorites as I find them.
1. Alpenglow by S. Carey
2. Pistol by Dustin Kensrue
3. Ends of the Earth by Lord Huron
4. Like Real People Do by Hozier
5. First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes
6. Strangers by The Kinks
7. Go Places by The New Pornographers
8. Do You Realize?? by The Flaming Lips
9. Ordinary People by John Legend
10. Forever by Ben Harper
11. Real Love Baby by Father John Misty
12. Someone Like You by Van Morrison
13. Sweet Creature by Harry Styles
14. A Sky Full of Stars by Coldplay
15. Perfect by Ed Sheeran
And some intimate first dance photos, because I know you love seeing those moment!
We chose Today by Brad Paisley, but then Chris Stapleton released Millionaire like a week after our wedding… otherwise we totally would have danced to that. We’re such music people!
It was Sweet Creature by Harry Styles!
Our first dance was to Perfect by Ed Sheeran!
Our first dance was to Someone Like You by Van Morrison!
What’s your song of choice for your wedding day?!